Unit 7 guides students in an exploration of the role of social science in the climate change debate. Students will participate in a class survey and compare their results to regional and national studies. The unit focuses on the human dimension of the issue and how we both discover public opinion and produce information that will influence that opinion.
Unit Placement in the Course:
This unit is designed to be encourage advanced problem solving. It will be more beneficial if several other units from the REACCH curriculum are utilized prior to this unit being taught.
- Computer access
- Printer for posters (optional)
- PowerPoint presentation
- Teacher notes on most slides to help guide class discussion
- Three classroom activities
Estimated Teaching Time:
- Minimum of five 50-minute class periods
- Agriculture teachers may want to augment this unit with Agriscience fair progects or Agricultural Issues presentations.